Chiropractic care in pregnancy is an essential ingredient to your prenatal care choices. Preexisting but unnoticed imbalances in your spine and pelvis become stressed during pregnancy. These pronounced discomforts make it difficult to perform routine daily activities.
A large percent of all pregnant women experience back discomfort and/or pain during pregnancy. This is due to the rapid growth of the baby and interferences to your body’s normal structural adaptations to that growth.
Chiropractic care throughout pregnancy can relieve and even prevent the common discomforts experienced in pregnancy. There are no known contraindications to chiropractic care during pregnancy. Chiropractic is a safe, natural, and effective treatment for you to feel your best during pregnancy and be ready for your best birth!
Here are a list of complaints we commonly treat during pregnancy:
- Mid Back Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Leg Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Lower Abdominal stretching pain
- Breech Baby (Webster Technique)
- Rib Pain/Costochondritis
- Ankle/Foot Pain
- Supportive Taping Procedures for the growing belly
- SI joint pain
Aside from helping with the discomforts of pregnancy, there are three main reasons why every pregnant woman should see a chiropractor:
- Chiropractic Care helps provide structural balance and stability for the mother, resulting in a more comfortable pregnancy.
- Research studies have shown that pregnant mothers under chiropractic care during their pregnancy tend to have a shorter labor with less medical interventions. “A retrospective review of statistics reported that primigravida women who seek chiropractic care throughout gestation have, on average, a 25% shorter labor time whereas multiparous women who seek chiropractic care throughout their pregnancy have, on average, 31% shorter labor times.”
- By supporting better function in the mother’s body, chiropractic care can help to create a healthier and more comfortable in-utero environment for the newborn, helping them to get a better start to life. In fact, research suggests that there is a strong link between the baby’s experience in the in-utero environment and his or her lifelong health potential.
For further reading on Chiropractic care during pregnancy visit these sites below: